Thursday, November 7, 2019

Final Commercial Blog

Today in class we were able to access pinnacle studios which allowed us to begin editing. I initially gathered all of the footage which I previously moved into my google drive. I created a folder called Gatorade  commercial on the new laptop which had pinnacle studios and moved all of the footage into it. This allowed me to import the clips into pinnacle studios. Once the footage was imported into pinnacle studios I looked through all of the clips we had from our two days of filming. Then I chose which ones I thought were the best takes and I began putting them together to make our commercial. I put all of the clips we needed in the full commercial. This began with a wide shot of somebody running on the track and then him drinking gatorade. Then I transitioned into the two-shot of people dribbling a basketball and then them drinking gatorade. Finally there is a close of of somebody slamming a gatorade bottle.

Then I shortened each clips to only include what we wanted in our commercial. I did this by cutting one clip into different clips and deleting the parts we did not want to use. At first I had trouble doing this but I then learned to master it. I went through the list of different transitions and chose the ones which my group and I decided were the best. These transitions included a wipe, a basketball transition, a fold over, and fade in and out. For example, we used a wipe to transition into the two-shot of people drinking gatorade. When going from the track to people playing basketball I used a fade. I also discovered how to add sound affects I put a bomb noise to make it sound extreme when I slammed the Gatorade bottle.

After watching over our commercial many times we critiqued a little. Perfecting the transitions and making sure the sound and sound effects were clear. After this was completed I added a title to our commercial. I put this in the beginning to show our commercial was about Gatorade. After looking over it one more time we decided the editing process was completed. Finally I exported the footage and put it into our Gatorade commercial file. I then emailed it to our teacher and the rest of the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment